All about the turnstile
Are you looking for a suitable access control solution for a building or site? The installation of turnstiles is definitely worth considering. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about turnstiles.
What is a turnstile?
Turnstiles are used as single-entry gates to control access control. They are equipped with turning elements that ensure that only one person can access the building or grounds at a time. You often encounter these so-called turnstiles at festivals, concerts, buildings, (amusement) parks, zoos, gyms and swimming pools.
What are the advantages of a turnstile?
When purchasing a turnstile, however, it is important to choose a solution that fits the purpose. When purchasing a turnstile, however, it is important to choose a solution that fits the purpose. Is the need access control, security or crowd control? While of course taking into account the laws and regulations that apply to the building, site or event.
Below is a summary of the most important advantages of a turnstile.
- Turnstiles can be used both indoors and outdoors;
- It is an excellent solution to grant access to only one person at a time;
- They can be applied at both entrances and exits;
- Tourniquets are great to combine with ticket control or identification;
- At crowded events such as competitions, concerts or festivals, turnstiles can help prevent crowding (crowd control).
What types of turnstiles are there?
There’s a large choice of turnstiles. As a result, turnstiles can be used as access control in many different situations. A suitable turnstile for every situation. Our range includes low, half-height and man-high turnstiles, with three or four arms, single or double. Our range includes low, half-height and man-high turnstiles, with three or four arms, single or double.
We can roughly distinguish two types of turnstiles: half height turnstiles and high turnstiles.
- Half height turnstiles are also called tripods. These systems can be linked to access control systems in the form of a card reader or scanner, for example. The hafl height turnstile is activated upon identification, after which the appropriate person is let through.
- High turnstiles are widely used as outdoor security. They provide more security than bill turnstiles because people cannot climb or jump over them. In addition, they can help channel different streams of visitors. For some friendly appearance, half-height or three-quarter-height turnstiles can also be chosen.
Besides the fact that turnstiles are widely placed in and around buildings, temporary, mobile solutions are also very convenient. For example, a turnstile can be placed in a container for temporary, but covered access. Meanwhile, we have been able to supply turnstiles for many different projects. Below our top 5:
Top 5 applications of a turnstile:
- A turnstile in combination with a pedestrian gate (with or without container)
- A galvanized turnstile in a container
- A mobile turnstile
- A turnstile in combination with a coin insertion system or card reader
- Double turnstiles